How To Qualify
The qualifying Habitat Partner Family:
- Earns 30%-60% of Area Median Income. These numbers vary depending on family size.
- Need to live in substandard housing. Criteria for this include:
- – Homeless or living in transitional housing
- – Physical problems with the dwelling
- – Living in publicly or privately subsidized housing
- – Living in overcrowded conditions
- – Living in high crime neighborhoods
- – Paying 30% or more of gross income to rent
- – Receiving a Housing Choice Voucher
- Willingness to partner. Volunteer hours that include work on your home and the homes of others. If you have a disability or cannot work at the jobsite, we will gladly find other volunteer opportunities for you.
* Habitat Partner Families must complete a minimum number of sweat equity hours. Partners earn their hours by helping to build their own home and the homes of other families. They also can earn sweat equity by working in The Habitat ReStore, in the Habitat office, or by representing Habitat at public functions.
To begin the process or just learn more call 540.381-1144 or email email@example.com
Below is a downloadable version of the Habitat NRV Home Ownership program application.
2016 Home Ownership Form